Thursday, November 13, 2008

We did it! I Did it! Yeah!!!!


I like checking things off a list and now I can check off the fact that I ran a Half Marathon. It was so exciting. I would have never guessed that I would actually have enjoyed it either. I enjoyed waking up in the mornings to run. It also helps if you have great running partners as I did. We did the Snow Canyon Half and it was a beautiful run. I did have to remind myself where I was and to enjoy the view. It helped take my mind off of the run for a second anyway. There is something about running outside that is rejuvinating. I was dying the whole way but what a rush. It is just an awesome feeling to work towards something and accomplish it. It is like life you have to take little steps conditioning yourself mentally, spiritually and physically so when life give you a hill or a dirt trail that is unstable you know you are prepared. I had to constantly tell myself to keep going when I wanted to stop. I did stop sometimes but you rest gathers yourself and get going again. I did have help along the way as we do in life they shared little snipets of their life with me and then they were gone. It was just enough to distract me from what I was doing and before I knew it I was further along. Just like all the friends that I have had in my life that has helped my along sharing their life with me. I appreciate all the stories, struggles, suggestions, advice, support and above all laughter along the path of life. I struggled at the end but someone was there telling me to keep going and pushing me to accomplish my goal of under 2 hrs. I love people in my life that push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me to keeping going in order to reach my goal. Thanks to all who are there for me love ya.
My time was 1:56:23 OOOHHH YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will upload pictures later

2 comments:

Leslie Kay said...

I am absolutely amazed and feeling very lazy. I admire you and am so happy for you. Way to Go!

Sam and Josh said...

Congrats and it was so fun to see you. You all did such an awesome job and who knows maybe I will see you at the next one.