Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mr. And Mrs. Claus


This time of year everyone talks about traditions. My mom has a few traditions that she started when we were little like giving us ornaments, a decoration or whatever.I have them all since 1985. I like to talk about traditions and think I will do some soon but Have I done any with my kids yet umm NO., Except one (which was started by my mom) anywho. Our Tradition is to have Mr. and Mrs Claus over to my moms house for a story and presents. Santa and the Mrs. have been coming to see us since Kylee was 4. It all started when we were at my moms Best friends house Vicki Cottrells. We were there with all of her kids and grandskids and then my mom and I and Kylee. So we were all there waiting for Santa, waiting and waiting the kids were getting restless as you can imagine when Vicki realized that she had forgotten to tell Santa to come. So we looked up our Santa and gave them a call they didn't have much time because they had other people waiting for them already but they managed to fit us in. It was the Christmas Spirit that everyone talks about. To this day we have had this Santa and Mrs. Claus come to visit us. Vicki was in a terrible car accident and passed away but my mom was determined to continue the tradition and I appreciate her for that. My kids think it is so special because they get a special visit from Santa.
Santa always brings the kids a toy and this year Kloe got a Bratz board game. I could not figure the game out the rules and cards were all mixed up. I turned to my mom and asked where did you get this game? Kloe answered Duh Santa brought it the elves made it! I thought dumb elves.
I had to make up our owm rules to the game and them it was fun. Next time the elves should look more closely at the games they make for Santa.

1 comment:

Leslie Kay said...

YEAH for camera power plug in download chord things. I'm so glad to see your pix! If you had gotten a pix of Megyns goal you would have missed the moment so blogging memories is great! Love the new background - hope you're enjoying the new laptop.